About Hong Kong
• The most important is Hong Kong's legal system, which is trusted, tried and tested by international business.
• Hong Kong does offer world class education.
• Hong Kong's capital account is fully convertible, and there are no restrictions on foreign exchange dealings. Property, securities, gold and silver can be bought and sold by anyone, without restriction.
• A strong and well-regulated financial sector, a free press, the free flow of information, low taxes and a simple taxation system, a pool of managerial talent with international experience, ease of access, proximity to major markets, and a dense network of services firms
About QMAS (Quality Migrant Admission Scheme)
• The Quality Migrant Admission Scheme ("QMAS") is a points-based immigration system in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China.
• With the aim of attracting talented people from mainland China and the rest of the world to settle and work in Hong Kong, the QMAS set up admissions criteria under which applicants could be admitted to residence in Hong Kong without the prior offer of local employment required for a normal working visa.
• The scheme included two methods of assessment: a general points test, under which applicants would be awarded points based on their education, age, working experience, language abilities, and family background, and an achievement-based test for people such as Olympic medalists, Nobel laureates, or scientists and professionals with significant recognition in their field.
• The minimum passing mark under the general points test is 80 points.
• Nationality: Nationals of Afghanistan, Cambodia, Cuba, Laos, North Korea, Nepal and Vietnam may not apply under QMAS.
Hong Kong Visa Requirements
Age: Applicants must be aged between 18 and 50
• Financial Requirement: Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are capable of supporting and accommodating themselves and their dependants, if any, on their own without relying on public assistance during their stay in Hong Kong;
• Good Character: Applicants must meet normal immigration and security requirements. They should not have any criminal or adverse immigration record in Hong Kong or elsewhere
• Language Proficiency: Applicants must be proficient in Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) or English
• Basic Educational Qualification: Applicants must have a good education background, normally a first degree supported by documentary evidence. In special circumstances, good technical qualifications, proven professional abilities and/or experience and achievements supported by documentary evidence may be considered.